So I haven't wrote anything for a while! Its been so crazy over here that i have not had time to write. Alas...I'm finally in the hotel room relaxing for the first time in what seems like forever!
Mon: Kelsey and I went to Hooters with our teachers and bosses. We danced with the hooters girls around the restaurant to different songs...which was a lot of fun! We had some old man say to us "next time dance the other way so i can see more." That was a little disturbing but besides that...great night! Then we all went out and got massages. Kelsey, Me, and Peggy (professor) all got the two hour massage (full body). It was very relaxing! I loved it! I think that may have been my last massage in Shanghai cause i don't see another opportunity for it, but even if it was a great one! After dinner and massages we got back to the hotel room and went to sleep to teach the next day.
Tues: After school we a group of us went to "the garden" which is a Zen garden. Our teacher paid for all of us to get in which was really nice of her. She pays for us a lot actually for small things which is nice. The garden was really pretty and tranquil. I enjoyed seeing everything and taking pictures. The only negative to it was that there was misquitos everywhere! Luckily, I didn't get bit, but many people did. Then Kelsey and I went and took pictures at this komoto studio. They had a us dress up in Chinese outfits and we took pictures. It was a lot of fun! Then we found this store where you can buy two shirts for the price of one, so we searched for the most Asian shirts we could find! Mission: Completed!
Wed: Kelsey, Me, and a bunch of other girls with Willy went to the World Expo. It was a lot of fun! IT was different than i thought it was going to be, but good in a different way. We got in V.I.P. to all of the Expos because we fibbed and said we were from each country and they believed us. Im really glad that i got to go and say that i attended. If I had more time here I would go back and visit more of the pavilions. Luckily, because we said we were V.I.P. we got to visit 12-13 expos. Which is a lot considering the amount of time we were there. I think we went a good night to because it wasn't to crowded. The BEST thing that happened there was in the Denmark pavilion. This girl came up to Kelsey and I and asked for our signature and picture (something that happens a lot here), and pretty soon another group of people came up and asked the same thing. Before we knew it...we had a mob (no joke) of about 50 asians all surrounding us. They were pushing paper in our face for us to sign, and tapping us to take pictures. THe guy we were with had to get the people to back up because they were pushing us trying to get closer. Then one guy asks us "are you famous?" hahaha. They literally thought that Kelsey and I were famous, so we rolled with it and Kelsey put her glasses on like she was trying to hide. We stopped the whole pavilion entrance because of the amount of people we had surrounding us trying to get an autograph and picture with us. Willy took pictures of everyone surrounding us! It was hilarious! Before we knew it...we looked down and we had been signing autographs and taking pictures for 15 minutes! The crowd of people wouldn't stop and when we would try and walk away we couldn't because they would follow us and line up for more pictures, etc. Kelsey and I were laughing hysterically at the situation but were loving it! After we were like "wow, thats what its like to be famous!" It was soo much fun! haha. The pearl lady also came and I bought some really nice things for really cheap!
Today: We woke up pretty sick. Kelsey and I both had food poisoning i think. We went to school late to teach the kids because she was throwing-up and my stomach was hurting to bad. As the day went on I started to feel better. Today was a pretty hard day for many reasons. I found out that Jenny was put to sleep. Jenny is my dog that I have had for 13 years now. I got her when I was in 3rd grade! I feel really bad that I wasn't there to get to say good-bye. I had this feeling when I left that something might happen to her because she had Cancer. I was getting hope as the time came closer to coming home, but my mom told me this morning that she had to put her down last night. She said that she had a last good day. My mom cooked BBQ and she got to go swimming (her all time favorite). The hardest part about it..is that I'm so far away and I wish I could have kissed her good-bye. She was my only pet that I remember getting from such a young age...that has been with me for so many years. She was a good dog and she will be missed so much! When I use to cry she let me hold her, when i was sad she would lay with me, when i wanted to swim i always had a partner, when i was away she was always home to greet me, when i was scared she made me feel safe, and when she thought i was threatened she protected me.
R.I.P. Jenny Ornelas.
Later on tonight were going to the circus so i better start getting ready. We only have one more day in Shanghai and then its off to Beijing. See you all later.
Kayla Ornelas
Jenny I will always miss you! You were one of the most amazing dogs in the world!
p.s. Emerald i will try and find you a key chain!
hahahahaha yeah they go crazy over americans ;) you are a superstarrrr lolllll i cant believe how fun that sounds, acting famousss =D
ReplyDeleteim sorry to hear about your dog =( <3 <3