The title of this blog represents China. Its literally beautiful chaos. yes, i know sooo poetic! Today we woke up and went to school and it was art day "creative minds." The kids in our class made portraits and bookmarks which they loved. I didnt have a sixth period today which was nice because i needed the break. I was tired of teaching the same thing for 5 periods straight. I use to think that i would consider being a single subject credentialed teacher (even though im multiple subject), but after China i have realized that teaching one thing a day 6 times....just doesnt cut it for me.
After school we came back to our hotel and uploaded some pictures and sent them to friends and family. Im curious to see what they think tomorrow when i skype them! Btw if anyone has skype and wants to add me....search for me on skype and we can talk! Usually about 3pm U.S. time or not til abour 12a.m. u.s. time.
We went shopping a little bit today but i didnt get anything. im not really into the chinese fashion. It looks like they just pick whatever they want to wear in the morning and put it on together whether it matches or not. Some are stylish but not very many. Then we went and go so Tisingtao (beer) and went to dinner. This girl with us named Jenny has NEVER had a drink of beer in her life...not even her 21st birthday so we got her to drink with us...which of course was a huge celebration! haha.
Dinner was ok, not to exciting. Kelsey, Melissa, and I shared rice and these dumpling things and I wasnt that into it. Im getting kind of tired of CHinese food. The first meal when i get home is a nice big mexican dinner/meal. Sounds amazing! Oh, and tap water with extra ice!
After dinner we went and go massages again. Its crazy your not allowed to tax or tip here....so the massage people never get tipped when we go :(. They wont let you even. I had number 17...they go by numbers here (not name), i asked if he had an american name and he said no so i named my guy Matt and Kelsey named her guy #19....eric. haha. It was sooo much fun! Talking to the chinese over here is so comical because of the language barriers and confusion! We took pictures with the whole staff at the end. It felt amazing too. I feel asleep during the massage.
We want to go back and get another one before we leave again. I seriously went to dinner, got a taxi, got a massage, and a beer today all for only 73 yeun which is 10 dollars in american money. Its crazy how far your money can go here. It goes a llloooong way.
im extremely tired and im going to bed....nite all.
kayla ornelas
No comments:
Post a Comment