So i just got back home last night and it feels amazing. My mom, dad, and fiance picked me up from the airport and took me to Taco Lita. The first thing i ordered was a combo, taco, and a large drink with EXTRA ice. It was sooo amazing that words cannot describe. It was nice to know that the meat i was eating was actually meat and the ice wouldn't make me sick. Then i came home and gave everyone their presents and went to sleep for 4 hours. Then alan and I went over to my moms for dinner and ate with my parents, sister, jason, and niece. My mom made tacos and fruit salad with chips and guacamole. All of the food i missed most! Mexican was the most missed food by far! Right now Alan is bringing me Shakey's pizza and I cant wait.
While we were in Beijing we had to much going on so I didnt have time to write but now I do so ill wrap up the trip for you!
The first day touring in Beijing we went to The Temple of Heaven, The forbiddean city, and tinammin square. We also got to eat lunch at a locals house which was really good. We learned that one meter of a house cost the Chinese 100,000 dollars so only the super rich can have houses. The houses aren't that great either....their houses would be considered our projects here in America. The temple of heaven and the forbidean city were really cool to visit and now i can say i have been to both :).
The second day we went to the Summer palace (their version of our hearst castle), and we went to visit where the olympics were. We also got to go tea tasting at this place called dr. teas. It was cool...they taught us all about the different teas and we got to try all of them. I brought some back for my mom. Then we went to a pearl factory and jade factory. I bought both of course. They have a special type of pearl there called a Lavender pearl and it is only found in China, so i bought lavender pearl earrings. I was super excited.
The last day touring in Beijing we climbed the great wall of china and i did the whole thing! Well on our side there was seven tours! It took me about two hours to get up and another hour to get down. I think. Maybe a little less than that but i wasn't really keeping track. Its really cool to say that I climbed the great wall...especially because i see it in textbooks all the time at school and now i cant see myself in that picture doing it! Then we went to lunch and shopping. I got a cold that night so i left the touring group early and went back to the hotel and took some medicine and went to sleep.
The only thing i missed by leaving early was dinner and a huge movie screen so im happy i left early. ON the way back to the hotel...there was this super old man riding a bicycle on i looked over and he had on these super short shorts and his balls were hanging out! I was scared for life! hahaha.
We had to get up at 3am in the morning and fly home. Everyone else only got a few hours of sleep but beacuse i went back early i got at least 7 hours. The plane ride home seemed like it was never going to end. It still feels surreal to me that im home. I love it.
China was so much fun to go to but im glad to be home in my comfort zone. It was such a great experince and I would do it all over again.
Shanghai and Beijing are such different places. I loved both but are for two totally different types of people and interest.
Can't wait to see everyone over the next few weeks and get back to a normal routine. Im still on China time. Thanks to everyone who read my blogs and shared my journey with me!
kayla ornelas
No comments:
Post a Comment