Time is going by SO fast. Im nervous, anxious, and excited all at the same time! I wish I could be there already and take it all in. When I arrive I already know I'm going to look around me, and say "I'm in China" for me to believe it! It seems surreal to me, because i NEVER imagined i would ever see China up close and personal. Im not going to be the typical tourist seeing a little bit here and a little bit there...Im going to be basically living my life in China for a whole month! No family, fiance, close friends, or DOGS! I know that the journey will be worth the adventure! I think its amazing that college students are offered so many options while in school. Most teachers get put into a classroom after only observing in a classroom and having some student teaching experience. China is going to offer me the chance to be creative with ideas, structured in lesson plans, and experienced in working with kids of ALL ages.
I finally finished all my lesson plans with my partner. We are meeting up at Starbucks on Thursday to get to know each other better and of course talk about last minute details! Then Im meeting up with my roommate to discuss who should bring what. Id hate to carry more stuff in my luggage than I need...considering its already a mission alone! My worst fear about packing is...what if i get there and realize i want everything in my closet back home, and brought nothing i want to wear to China. On a weekend trip you have the option of bring your whole closet to fit your mood, but on a month trip to another country.... this doesn't allow such freedom!
I feel like there is SO much stuff i still need to get, and time is starting to pass me by before i can accomplish my "to do list."I still need to; buy shoes, get medication, pack, buy last minute appliances, get money together, organize all my teaching supplies, buy more teaching supplies for the lessons, and so much more! Most important I want to spend as much time as possible with friends/family before I leave. Im going to miss holding my dogs to sleep, and waking up to their sweet gentle kisses in the morning. Then on top of my "to do list" i have 6 units at school this summer, and i'm trying to do homework and pass finals. Not to mention I have been running around like crazy this week planning for mine and Alan's engagement party.
(14 days to go!)
*Pray i fit in EVERYTHING that needs to be done before i leave*
Kayla <3!>
No comments:
Post a Comment